Motuara Island Wildlife and Dolphin Watching Cruise
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Picton
- Product code: MOT
A nature cruise and historical experience with fantastic scenery, wonderful wildlife and WCA certified marine guides.
- Cruise calm sheltered waters of the Queen Charlotte Sound
- Exclusive no Seasickness guarantee
- Experienced captains with fun and informative commentary
- Personalized small fully guided group tour (1-15 ratio)
- Onboard binoculars for viewing wildlife
- Amazing photo opportunities so close you only need a phone
- Complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits
- Complimentary local wine on afternoon tour
- Kids toys, books and drawing boards
- Free professional high-quality wildlife photos downloadable on our website
- Bottlenose, Common, Dusky, Hectors Dolphins and Orca
- Travel with E-Ko and Support local Conservation efforts
Cruise the majestic Marlborough Sounds on a scenic journey to Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary. Our comfortable vessels and expert team take you on a conservation focused, wildlife adventure for your soul. Outstanding commentary and fantastic viewing areas allow you to enjoy playful Hector's, bottlenose, or dusky dolphins. We also see NZ fur seals and numerous seabirds before landing on Motuara Island for a 1-hour nature lover's walk to remember.
Explore the island on your own or go with our knowledgeable guide who will point out and describe the resident blue penguins, rare saddleback, melodic bellbirds, cheeky robins, native pigeons and yellow-crowned parakeets (kakariki). The birds on this predator-free island are fearless, plentiful and very vocal. The view from the Cook Strait lookout is absolutely spectacular! After returning to the boat, sit back and relax with a hot drink and cookies, and then some local wine before making our way back to Picton and stopping with any extra species we discover.