Captain Cook Cruise
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Picton
- Product code: COOK
A nature cruise and historical experience with fantastic scenery, wonderful wildlife and degree qualified guides. A perfect way to experience the Marlborough Sounds.
- Cruise calm sheltered waters of the Queen Charlotte Sound
- Exclusive no Seasickness guarantee
- Experienced captains with fun and informative commentary
- Personalized small fully guided group tour (1-15 ratio)
- Onboard binoculars for viewing wildlife
- Amazing photo opportunities so close you only need a phone
- Complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits
- Complimentary local wine on afternoon tour
- Kids toys, books and drawing boards
- Free professional high-quality wildlife photos downloadable on our website
- Bottlenose, Common, Dusky, Hectors Dolphins and Orca
- Travel with E-Ko and Support local Conservation efforts
Cruise the length of the calm and sheltered Queen Charlotte Sound. Experience and learn about playful dolphins, fur seals and amazing seabirds before landing at historic Ship Cove where Captain Cook first made landfall on the South Island of New Zealand. Our comfortable vessels and expert team take you on a conservation focused, wildlife adventure for your soul. Outstanding commentary and fantastic viewing areas allow you to enjoy playful Hector's, bottlenose, or dusky dolphins. We also see NZ fur seals and numerous seabirds before landing at Ship Cove for a history lover's walk.
After being welcomed ashore by the cheeky resident Wekas, Oyster Catchers and Paradise Shelducks, you'll spend approximately 35 minutes enjoying the untouched native forest, fascinating history and breathtaking scenery. Spectacular views of Motuara Island and the open ocean in Cook Strait will leave you speechless.