Wildlife and Wine Cruise (Kaipupu Point Sanctuary)
- Durata: 2 Ore (aprox.)
- Locatie: Picton
- Cod produs: WildlifeWineCruise
Marlborough's Perfect Cruise
Fantastic Wildlife and Scenery, World renowned Wines and the Best Mussels in the World . Now enjoy all 3 on a Marlborough Sounds Cruise: a 2 hour quality experience
- Depart Picton Waterfront and learn about the Marlborough Sounds from our highly trained Guide/ Skipper.
- Take a short stroll to the lookout on Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary and see the BEST view in the Southern Queen Charlotte Sound.
- See many species of Land Birds and how a community has developed this Wildlife Reserve with the Department of Conservation.
- Back on-board for a glass of Yealands Wine complemented by Sealord’s Mussels and soak in the ambiance of the majestic Marlborough Sounds.
- Use our ID cards and Binoculars to search for and learn about Marine Wildlife on a cruise to Marlborough's oldest Marine Reserve.
- Take Up-Close Photos with NZ Fur Seals, Little Blue Penguins, Sea Birds, feed tame Fish and much more...
As it is a 'mainland island sanctuary' that is separated from the mainland by a predator proof fence, the only access for the public is via water.
You'll have stunning views out to the Sounds, back to Picton and experience forest which in some places has original virgin growth.
With no predators, bird watching is often a very magical experience on the Sanctuary.
After leaving Kaipupu we head into the lower Sounds to search for more wildlife. Seals, Little Blue Penguins, dolphins, sea birds...we have it all here.
Sit back and enjoy a sample of Yealands wine and Sealord mussels.